Okizu TLC Program Description 2015
POSITION: TLC (Training in Leadership for Campers)
PROGRAM INFORMATION AND DESCRIPTION:
- Must be 16 or 17-years-old.
- Must be eligible to be an Okizu camper. Oncology campers can only apply for Oncology TLC sessions. SIBS campers can only apply for SIBS TLC sessions.
- Must be able to present a certificate of good health. A form will be provided upon acceptance.
- TLCs will participate in team-building activities, strengthen leadership skills such as communication, decision making, planning, leading and teaching, and discover new ways to work in group settings.
- TLCs will plan and hike a few miles to experience an overnight backpacking trip with their TLC group.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Application; questions that applicants need to answer about themselves; and a phone orientation.
TRANSPORTATION: TLCs arrive and depart when the campers do, and may ride the bus to and from camp.
FYI: Being a TLC is not like being a camper. TLCs have certain freedoms that campers do not have. With these freedoms come greater responsibilities and certain limitations in camper activities.
2015 DATES: SIBS TLC Session: June 22 – 28; Oncology TLC Session: July 20 – 26. Oncology campers can only apply for Oncology TLC sessions. SIBS campers can only apply for SIBS TLC sessions.