2024 Oncology Camp applications open on January 15!
Welcome to Okizu’s Oncology Camp program.
When a child is diagnosed with cancer, the lives of the patient and the entire family are changed forever. At camp, Okizu offers an atmosphere conducive to nurturing self-esteem and building self-reliance while maintaining the most important aspect of camp: an experience that is fun for the campers. While at camp, children experience being part of a close-knit group of friends; together they enjoy the challenges and excitement of outdoor activities, with a group of peers who truly understand their situation.
This year we are excited to offer both in-person and virtual programs. We will be holding two one-week sessions of Oncology camp and one session of virtual Oncology camp.
IN-PERSON SLEEP-AWAY SUMMER SESSIONS FOR KIDS 8-17
- Oncology Camp session 1: June 10 – 14 @ Camp Arroyo (Livermore, CA)
- For more information on this site visit Camp Arroyo
- Oncology Camp session 2: July 8 – 13 @ Camp Taylor (Modesto, CA)
- For more information on this site visit Camp Taylor
Registration will close two weeks before the start date of each program.
Children are eligible if they:
- Have or have had cancer
- Receive approval from their physician
- Are age 8-17 at the time of camp
- Have consent of a parent or legal guardian
- Complete the application process
- Live-in or were treated in Northern California/Nevada
COVID-19 INFORMATION UPDATED JUNE 2023:
Our medical team works hard every year to make camp as safe as possible for all our campers and our volunteers. They will continue to monitor current public health issues and we will update our safety protocols as is appropriate.
- Every participant, 1 (one) year and older, is required present proof of a BIVALENT Booster vaccination given on or after September 1, 2022, two weeks before the start of their program.
- The bivalent booster covers the two main strains of the COVID-19 virus and became available September 1, 2022. All booster doses given after September 1, 2022, meet the requirements.
- If the Bivalent dose was your first Covid shot ever, then a second dose of the Bivalent vaccine is needed 6 months later.
- If you got the Novavax or other alternative Covid vaccination, please provide details for review to email@example.com.
- All required vaccine doses must be given two weeks before the start date of the program.
- Onsite testing for COVID-19 will be administered to all participants aged 5 and up upon arrival at all in-person overnight programs.
- Face coverings are not required for overnight programs. Okizu encourages participants to wear a face covering if they desire or start to feel unwell during the program.**** All information presented above is subject to change with advice from our Medical Advisory Committee as the climate of COVID-19 is constantly changing. Okizu always prioritizes the safety of our campers and staff and we will continue to do so moving forward.*****
If you would like to receive additional information about Okizu, please call the office at 415.382.9083, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.