Information regarding vaccination, testing, and mask requirements for 2023 in-person programs is outlined below. (Updated 04/2023)
COVID-19 INFORMATION UPDATED JUNE 2023:
Our medical team works hard every year to make camp as safe as possible for all our campers and our volunteers. They will continue to monitor current public health issues and we will update our safety protocols as is appropriate.
- Every participant, 1 (one) year and older, is required present proof of a BIVALENT Booster vaccination given on or after September 1, 2022, two weeks before the start of their program.
- The bivalent booster covers the two main strains of the COVID-19 virus and became available September 1, 2022. All booster doses given after September 1, 2022, meet the requirements.
- If the Bivalent dose was your first Covid shot ever, then a second dose of the Bivalent vaccine is needed 6 months later.
- If you got the Novavax or other alternative Covid vaccination, please provide details for review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All required vaccine doses must be given two weeks before the start date of the program.
- Onsite testing for COVID-19 will be administered to all participants aged 5 and up upon arrival at all in-person overnight programs.
- Face coverings are not required for overnight programs. Okizu encourages participants to wear a face covering if they desire or start to feel unwell during the program.
**** All information presented above is subject to change with advice from our Medical Advisory Committee as the climate of COVID-19 is constantly changing. Okizu always prioritizes the safety of our campers and staff and we will continue to do so moving forward.*****