COVID-19 POLICY UPDATED JUNE 2023:
At this time, Okizu is requiring all individuals attending an overnight session of camp be vaccinated against COVID-19 with the BIVALENT booster.
What does this mean:
- Every participant, 1 (one) year and older, is required present proof of a BIVALENT Booster vaccination given on or after September 1, 2022, two weeks before the start of their program.
- The bivalent booster covers the two main strains of the COVID-19 virus and became available September 1, 2022. All booster doses given after September 1, 2022, meet the requirements.
- If the Bivalent dose was your first Covid shot ever, then a second dose of the Bivalent vaccine is needed 6 months later.
- If you or a family member got the Novavax or other alternative Covid vaccination, please provide details for review to email@example.com.
- All required vaccine doses must be given two weeks before the start date of the program.
- Onsite testing for COVID-19 will be administered to all campers aged 5 and up upon arrival at all in-person overnight programs.
- Face coverings are not required for overnight programs. Okizu encourages participants to wear a face covering if they desire or start to feel unwell during the program.
**** All information presented above is subject to change with advice from our Medical Advisory Committee as the climate of COVID-19 is constantly changing. Okizu always prioritizes the safety of our campers and staff and we will continue to do so moving forward.*****