We are excited to announce the launch our first ever video contest!
You are the heart and soul of Okizu, and what makes the programs so special. Because of that, we hope you’ll submit a video for our first video contest! Share your Okizu story, a fun camp memory, or tell us why camp is important to you. It’s a fun way to help raise awareness, increase donations, and help get more families/kids/volunteers to Camp Okizu!
So what are you waiting for?! Tell the world what Okizu means to you by submitting a video. You’ll be entered to win one of many prizes, it will be super fun, and also a huge help to us! Grand prize is a $500 Visa Gift Card!!
Click here to submit your video.
Click here to view submission terms.
- Must be at least 1 minute long, but not exceed 5 minutes.
- Due no later than 11:59 pm on August 15th.
- Finalists will be chosen based on the following 1) incorporation of any or all of our core values: compassion, community, support, empowerment, and integrity; 2) how well you capture the Okizu spirit; 3) production quality of the video including picture and sound quality, cohesiveness, and editing; and 4) creativity.
- Once finalists are selected, a contest will commence on social media during September for Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month. Stay tuned for more details and get ready to share with your friends!
- Camp rules still apply! Staff are not allowed to use cellphones around campers while at camp for footage.
Some things to consider:
- Remember our core values: Compassion, Community, Support, Empowerment, Integrity.
- Think about what type of video would catch your attention!
- Include your family and friends.
- Wear your Okizu gear (name tags, camp shirts, sweatshirts, hats, beanies, etc.).
- Think about an action people can take when they get done watching your video – make a donation, volunteer, learn more, sign up for camp, etc.
- Tell us about the heroes you have met at camp, the campers and counselors who have shaped your life, and why you are involved with Okizu.
- Incorporate different types of media like photos and music!
- It can be as simple as using your phone to compile short clips, or very involved and edited.
- Be heartfelt, be honest, be creative!
- How long have you been coming to Okizu and how did you get involved?
- What is your favorite Okizu memory?
- How has Okizu changed your life?
- Why should people support Okizu?
- What makes Okizu special?
- Why would you recommend someone else volunteer at Okizu?
- What would you say to a parent who is nervous about sending their kid(s) to Camp Okizu?
Grand Prize: $500 Visa Gift Card
2nd Prize: $250 Visa Gift Card
3rd Prize: $100 Visa Gift Card
*Plus other great prizes like Okizu gear and Amazon gift cards!
Here are some examples of different videos that have been made in the past:
We are so excited to see and share your stories!